No matter where you are in the world the election campaigns for the United States president could not escape your attention with both parties holding conventions recently.
Therefore this Friday's Fun Facts are dedicated to 'Presidents of the USA'
- Aww moment... President "Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt" refused to shoot a bear cub one day and an entrepreneur decided to create a stuffed bear in honor of this act and so the beloved teddy bear was created.
- OK a common term in the English language was coined during 'Old Kinderhook' President Van Buren election campaign when he created O.K clubs to support his campaign.
- Six Presidents have been named James - Madison, Monroe, Polk, Buchanan, Garfield, Carter
- WW1 & WW2 President Eisenhower served in the army for both.
- Impressive fact President Garfield could write simultaneously Latin in one hand and Ancient Greek in the other - neat party trick!
- President Hoover went one (or is that two) better than the old White House dog with his sons having two pet alligators
Share these facts with your children this weekend and give a fun alternative history lesson around the dinner table.
Happy Play Times :-)