Last week I featured my home country of Australia for the Friday Fun Facts, this Friday I want to share fun facts on my current country of residence Singapore.
We hope you learn, enjoy and share these fun facts with your children.
- The USA is 15,000 times larger than Singapore, which is made up of an island and tiny surrounding islands measuring only 682.7 square km.
- Domino’s anyone? Human ones at that? Singapore has the world record of human domino’s with 9,234 students measuring 4.2 km long participated.
- Singlish is in the Oxford dictionary for the mix of English spoken where lah on the end of a sentence is common “Would you like fries with that lah?” can be heard at McDonald’s the island over.
- Don’t bring gum to Singapore it is illegal and there are fines for doing so.
- If you are convicted of littering three times, you will have to clean the streets on Sundays with a bib on saying, “I am a litterer – No problem of that with me!
So there you have it random fun facts on Singapore.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and please stop by for our weekend watching clip on Saturday.
Happy Play Times :-)