Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Book of the Moment - Dear Zoo

Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell is a lift and flap book taking children on a journey through the zoo to find the perfect pet.

I wish I could film how excited my daughter Scarlett gets when she see's this book appear to be read. It is usually our after lunch book before nap time.
The excitement and anticipation as we fold back the flap to discover elephants, lions and snakes is priceless.


It is fun and educational and what child does not seem to have an inherent love for the animal kingdom.
The book has stood the test of time and is 25 years old - it was given to us by family who read it to their children.

Amazon parents in fact have 114 people review and rate it 5 out of 5.

When reading this to your children be sure to act out the noises it makes it way more fun! 

Happy Play Times :-)

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Bloggy Moms!
    My kids and I love this book, too! It's definitely a classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,
    Thank you so much for stopping by I really appreciate it!
    So glad you and your kids love this book :-)
    I saw on your site http://www.structureinanunstructuredlife.com that you too are a big fan of reading with and sharing a love of books with children.
    All the Best and I hope you check back with us again soon.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete