Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Sink or Stay - Bath time Fun for Kids

'Sink or Stay' it makes a great headline but really I am talking about Sink OR Float.


It has become a firm favorite in our household at bath times recently.


And really it is no surprise as it is between six to nine months this game becomes engaging and fun because children are starting to understand the world around them.


It is scientific but to children and to me I like to think of it as a bit of magic (much more fun)


What You Need  
Bath tub and water
Various objects that will have the desired outcome of sinking or floating.
- I use bath toys (float), a pair of baby clippers (sink) bath book (float) baby wash container (sink)


I then pick up each object with a simple explanation as to what it is "Mummy has a Ducky - Will it Float or Sink" I know they can not answer back but all talking helps long tern language development (more on this at another time) they wiggle and squeal in delight as they await to see the magic happen.


I alternate a sinke or a float object each time.  Doing this activity also helps your children begin to make the earliest of classification skills as they find out some sink and some float. 


This makes bath time play time and learning time while both you and baby feel great from the interaction.


Happy Play Times :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment