Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The A.B.C Game

As we know it is so important to talk to our children and it is a very effective form of play they love our voices and they are sponges soaking up language.

Sometimes it is hard to think of what to say or do – I certainly found this early on and then I started playing the A.B.C game.

I did so from the very earliest stages (Birth Upwards).

When we were feeding I would go through the alphabet and choose a category for example food and name something in it that started with the alphabet.
A is for Apple
B is for Bannana
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Q is for Quail
X hmmm this one was hard and became XO sauce ☺

But I am sure you get the idea.

Other categories were countries, animals, sports and any word!

Try it for yourself it is never to early or to late to do the alphabet game.

Perhaps share some categories of your own in the comments section.

Happy Play Times ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment